Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Career Goals

When I think of music I would think of artists like Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Al Green, Sade and various other artist. Ultimately I think of my grandmother as well. Her sense of musical taste was something that has been instilled within myself. There's my mom of course with her musical style as well; it was a mixture between the two. One would be more of a mellow/vibe feel, while the other would be of a more up beat, all in your face type music. It was something that worked well; like peanut butter and jelly. While having those type of musical backgrounds it helped me discover what appeals to my musical tastes, artists like: Frank Ocean, Frank Sinatra, Outkast, Queen, Lil Wayne, A$AP Rocky, Kendrick Lamar and more. This alone has sparked my interest in going into the Radio Industry or entertainment.



A certain career goal I have for myself is being able to be apart of the radio/entertainment industry. Once I've been adjusted to this lifestyle and mechanics of it all, I would then like to have my own station. In this station I would use my tools from being a Campus Ambassador and General Program Dj. The main premise of it all would be having this station and using it as a safe space with other studios with video production, more recording studios and some camera material. Being able to work with kids is something that's always worth while and showing and educating them the safeties of the internet and how to make their own brands. While volunteering for 90fm http://90fm.org/ we also host one of the largest Trivia Show in the midwest, including live musicians and playing all day everyday. I can use my personal experiences while Djing at the school's radio station and the skills from an actual staton and mashing my two experiences together. This will allow me to make a persona for myself and people with the same ideals that I have when it comes to youth and showing them how to be tech savvy in all areas.

I want to do this, because now there are a lot of individuals who are out here making youtube channels, having a lot of success and the kids are always watching. So why not show them how to do it and people can watch them or if they're interested in other things like photography or editing those are options that are there too. I think having the mixture of both would be good, because I'd still be doing something I love;  playing music and being heard, along with helping out those who are the audience instead of the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment