Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Disconnected Response

From the documentary "Disconnected," I noticed one of the students used a type writer to write out a paper. The students reactions were surprising, because they had to give up something they were use to and used in a daily routine and just gave it up and had to change their lifestyle. I noticed that the cellphones were totally different from how they were now. There were flip phones that had keyboards and weren't touch screen as well as the cameras I saw for a glimpse as well as the the way the internet looked.
On how the technology looked back then I think it would be harder for me to try this experiment, because the internet has this access where everything is almost free basically and everything is there and I can stay in the comfort of my room. As a student I think it would be harder to give up computers than anything else only, because it's been incorporated into our lifestyle and use it almost 24/7 so not using it would be pretty difficult. It would most likely make me work harder if I didn't have my laptop right there, because I could probably find way more sources and research that I need. I did enjoy the "Disconnected," article because I thought about it at one point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment