Monday, February 4, 2019

Why I choose to Attend UWSP

Attending the University of Wisconsin Stevens-Point was a hit or miss for myself. I've thought of College during my senior months in High School and the obstacles I would face during this monumental moment in my life! Being the only male in my entire family, but this weight on my shoulder that I would have to carry to make sure I had what it takes to graduate and make it in the working world. Stevens Point was only the real University that accepted me within the UW-system, but being able to have connections within the school and working with the faculty they helped me achieve this goal of mine. Not only did Stevens Point give me a chance, but it was a University that accepted lower ACT scores along with multiple attempts to readmit them. Also, it gave me just enough distance to be away from home, but still be close to my family. During my years of being a student and now senior at the University it gleamed a knew light on me.


UWSP STAR Ambassadors 

Now being a student worker as an Ambassador through the admissions department has added more reason on why I attended the University as a whole. The same people who gave me the opportunity of being in school accepted me as a worker and it has changed my life forever! Meeting people from all areas of Wisconsin and people from areas like Maryland, D.C., Nevada and over seas. Other than being an Ambassador I'm also a counselor for the Multicultural Leadership Camp. This allows students from the Milwaukee area and parts of the D.C. area. 


Being able to share stories with one another and sharing the college experience is the best thing to offer when High School juniors and seniors show interest in higher education. Sometimes the road is bumpy, but it'll all smoothen out in the long run! College is what you make it to be; make it the best possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment